- Designed to aid the rapid diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections
- Identifies those with positive results so they can quickly isolate
- Approved by Public Health England, validated by the UK Government
- Designed for use by clinical professionals but now approved for use by members of the public
- Complete kit, all necessary equipment included
- Simple to use with clear instructions and easy-to-read results
- Results within 15 minutes
- Rapid testing for SARS-CoV-2 antigen
- High sensitivity and specificity
Each kit contains
20 Test cassettes
20 Sterile swabs
20 Extraction tubes and dropper tip
1 Package insert
Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test is one of only three rapid antigen tests approved by the UK Government. It is widely used by local authorities, education settings and businesses and used by the UK Government for mass testing in Liverpool and other locations.
The Healgen Covid-19 testing kit is a high sensitivity lateral flow antigen test. It is understood that as many as one in three people who have coronavirus do not show symptoms but are infectious. Lateral flow tests help to quickly identify and reduce spread from those who appear healthy.
Lateral tests take a sample from the nose or mouth using a swab, which is then mixed with a buffer solution, with drops being added to a lateral flow device. Then the virus fragments pass along the strip within the lateral flow device where they can bind to labelled antibodies, which then shows up as a test line if the virus is detected, unlabelled antibodies provide a control line to show the test has worked. Healgen’s test screens for the SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, in the first one to three weeks of infection.
- The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) does not differentiate between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2.
- Designed for use by clinical professionals but now approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for exceptional use as a COVID-19 rapid test, by members of the public, 12.2020.
For further in information go to
- The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) has been evaluated with specimens obtained from patients.
- A commercialised molecular assay was used as the reference method.
- The results show that the Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) has a high overall relative accuracy.